This year’s International Builders Show will likely be most-remembered by the snow storm that caused a major snag in everyone’s travel plans. But, the 2016 IBS proved to be another successful event with many members being recognized for their service and work in our industry.
NCHBA was able to host a reception for its members on Wednesday evening at The Encore, thanks to many event sponsors. Thank you again to Builders Mutual Insurance, Electrolux and Lowe’s ProService for being Gold Sponsors of the event; Piedmont Natural Gas for their Silver sponsorship; 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, 84 Lumber, Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group, Bonded Builders Warranty Group, and Dominion NC Power for their Bronze sponsorship; and the NC Member Rebate Program and PHWS for their Patron sponsorship.
Official attendance for IBS was 59,687, which was 8 percent higher than last year’s show. Nearly 1,400 IBS exhibitors filled more than 500,000 square feet of space, including a record-breaking 30,000-square-foot outdoor exhibit space.
Many NCHBA members received recognition from the many awards programs held over the week. Congratulations to the following winners:
• Triangle Sales & Marketing Council — Best Sales & Marketing Council
• Operation Coming Home/HBA of Raleigh-Wake County — Best Community Spirit
• True Homes Broker Campaign — Best Direct Mail Program
• True Homes — Best Digital Marketing Campaign (SILVER Award)
• True Homes It’s All About You Ad — Best Print Ad (SILVER Award)
• True Homes It’s All About You Ad — Best Print Campaign (SILVER Award)
• Huber Engineered Wood 2015 Prove It Tour Promotion — Best Marketing Promotion Supplier/Industry Partner
• Atherton Estates -The Grayson/Shea Homes — Best Interior Merchandising $500K -$750K (SILVER Award)
• Ladera -The Midland/CalAtlantic Homes — Best Interior Merchandising $500K -$750K (SILVER Award)
• SchumakerHomesMonroeB;Winnabow, NC—Best Architectural Design of a Single Family Home Under $350K (SILVER Award)
Magnolia Pavilion, Tony Miller, Architect, and Edward Tennant, Remodeler — Best in Region Mid-Atlantic; Best Kitchen Remodel Specialty Project and Best Addition, Indoor/ Outdoor$100K or More
Living Stone Construction -Pritchard-Hardin Residence — One of a Kind Custom or Spec, 2,501-3,500 sq. ft. (GoldAward)