The North Carolina Home Builders Educational Foundation, Inc. awards scholarships based on a combination of need and merit to four-year college students entering their junior or senior year and technical school students entering their second year who have declared their major in a construction related field.
To be eligible a student must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be nominated by a NCHBA member firm.
2. Nominees shall be immediate family members -related by blood, (i. e. children, step-children or grandchildren).
3. Students related by marriage, (i. e. son-in-law, daughter-in-law, etc.) shall not be eligible.
4. Immediate family members of any current trustee of the foundation shall not be eligible.
5. Awards are for one year, but scholarship winners may submit a renewal application and be considered for renewal if they make satisfactory progress in their studies.
6. Only full-time students will be considered. NCHBA defines a full-time student as one taking a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
In addition to the original NCHBECF Scholarship Program there are four additional scholarship opportunities offered by the NCHBA.
1. If you are a female pursuing a degree in a construction-related field, you may also apply for the North Carolina Professional Women in Building Scholarship. To be eligible a student must meet the same requirements as outlined in the NCHBECF Scholarship guidelines. One $500 scholarship will be presented each year.
2. Caleb’s Endowment was created in 2014 to be awarded to students who meet the NCHBA scholarship guidelines and would qualify as a “special needs” student. Students with special needs include, but are not limited to, those suffering from any of a wide range of physical disabilities, medical conditions, intellectual difficulties or emotional problems, including deafness, blindness, dyslexia, learning difficulties and behavioral problems. To be eligible a student must first meet the same requirements as outlined in the NCHBECF Scholarship guidelines. One $500 scholarship will be presented each year.
3. The Sean Sullivan Tradesperson Scholarship is available to students attending a community college or trades school. Created in 2015, this is a $500 scholarship, in addition to the NCHBECF Scholarship. Students must meet the NCHBA Scholarship guidelines.
For a nomination form or an application packet click on our website
at www.nchba.comor contact the NCHBA office at (800) 662-7129.